Sunday 25 June 2017

Bray to Greystones Cliff Walk




One of my goals for the summer is to try to enjoy my own country a bit more. I'm definitely someone who loves to take in nature and new things, but I rarely think to do it at home. I want to see new places, that are off my own personal beaten track.

That policy was taken into action this morning for the first time, when my good friend and I woke up (too) early and took a train to Bray in order to do this cliff walk. Admittedly, I was apprehensive. I am NOT adventurous and not a hiker. I'm always afraid of things going wrong and injuries and steep slopes that I don't want to climb. While I'm thankful that it turned out this was not the case on this particular walk, my willingness to just go and try it is something I'm happy about. I want to learn to be more brave, and more adventurous. 

The walk, needless to say, was beautiful and easy. The path was clearly laid out, with only one or two stony passages that one might need to take extra care with. It is very family friendly, and very dog friendly- just no buggies as the path is narrow by times. My friend and I talked and walked at a leisurely pace. We were overtaken by countless walkers, but still managed to complete the walk in about an hour and a half.



Once in Greystones, we explored the area, and sat around the various different mini beaches. We got lunch in the Happy Pear and were generally just content to laze and paddle bare-foot along the rocky shore line. The sun was much more prominent that I had expected and both of us ended up sunburned. A reminder to every mountain-climber: wear sun cream, as even if it's not too sunny, you're awfully exposed in the higher altitudes! Both of us were also completely exhausted after months of studying for exams, and a couple of weeks of doing them. It was a really nice experience, though I am red-faced now.

I'm excited to go on more mini-adventures this summer. Do you have recommendations, or plans of your own? I would love to know!

Anna x

4 comments

  1. Hurray for mini-adventures! I love taking those and the one you took looks like a total dream! I've been trying to get to know my city more too and I love all of the unexpected treasures that you can find in areas that you never thought to look in before.

    P.S. Your photos are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a wonderful feeling, realising that there is so much more to see in a place you're familiar with! Thank you so much for your sweet comment! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Learning to become more brave and adventurous sounds like such a fun plan! The views from up there look amazing - the perfect walk!


    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! It was wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words x

© Zu Hause. Design by FCD.