Wednesday 6 June 2018

Vegan Falafel Wraps Recipe


This is such a delicious meal! You can really customize it however you'd like to, easily adjusting amounts or even adding new ingredients if you so desire. Pitta bread works just as well as plain wraps, so don't worry too much about your choice there. What is excellent about this recipe is that it is so. quick. If you prepare the falafels and the two sauces by yourself, it will take a bit more time, but you're able to buy each premade, in which case it's basically just assembling! Still, it's healthy, vegan, filling and delicious.

I bought the falafels due to the fact that my falafel making skills aren't that great, but I made the chilli sauce myself using Jamie Oliver's recipe, which I actually divided by 12 seeing as I only had one chilli pepper (lol). The recipe is really simple and takes less than 35 minutes to make, and it's definitely one you can multitask while doing! I also made the tahini sauce myself, using Tori Avey's recipe, which takes less than ten minutes and is incredibly straightforward. I also only made a single serving seeing as it's just for a drizzle, and added more water and a squeeze of lime juice to make it very runny.


Without further ado, I present to you the recipe for these delicious middle eastern inspired wraps!
Ingredients:
-8 Falafels
-2 Round Pitta Breads or Wraps
-4 Tablespoons Hummus
-1 Large Tomato
-1/2 an Aubergine/Eggplant
-A Fistful of Parsley
-Chilli Sauce to taste
-Tahini Sauce to taste
-1 Pickle, sliced (optional)

Method:
1. Cook falafels for the amount of time on the packet, or prepare your own.
2. Slice your vegetables into slim, bite sized pieces.
3. Fry the aubergine until soft and lightly browned.
4. Lightly toast the wraps so that they're firm but not too crispy, as you won't be able to fold them properly
4. Assemble by spreading 1-2 tablespoons of hummus on the wraps, followed by some sliced tomato, the falafels, aubergines, pickles if desired, parsley and a drizzle of each of the sauces. Then fold.
5. Serve unaccompanied or with chips/fries on the side.

serves 2

I hope you enjoy! Don't hesitate to ask any questions or let me know how they turned out for you in the comments. 

Anna x

Post a Comment

Thank you for your words x

© Zu Hause. Design by FCD.